For other United Taxi career opportunities, see
Are you looking for a job? How about a career instead? United Taxi offers great income opportunities. Flexible schedule. Set your own hours. Work when and where you want. Earn cash daily.
United Taxi’s most successful independent contractor drivers are those who are drawn to the profession because they enjoy serving the public. We want every passenger to receive the highest possible level of safe, courteous and compassionate service we ourselves would provide to our own family members and VIPs. All United Taxi independent contractor drivers are licensed and insured and comply with local regulations.
For coverage purposes, our insurance company requires candidates to apply in person at our facility, located at 17174 US Highway 19 N, Clearwater, Florida 33764. If you have questions prior to arrival, please call 727-545-5555.
United Taxi will:
- review each applicant’s driving record for at-fault accidents and moving violations
- screen each applicant by criminal background check and drug test
- verify that the driver is at least 25 years old and, as required by Florida law, holds a class “E” driver’s license
To ensure they are well-prepared to serve the public and be successful in their profession, qualified applicants receive orientation and education prior enrolling as an independent contractor drivers. Driver preparation includes an orientation class on the use of United Taxi’s technology, including our state-of-the-art GPS-enhanced computer dispatching system, as well as safe driving and sensitivity classes. United Taxi drivers are required to obtain a taxi permit through local police departments.
Does this describe you?
- Held a Florida driver’s license for a minimum of one year
- Driver’s record shows no at-fault accidents or excessive points during the last five years
- Clean background for a minimum of 5 years
- Most important, do you take pride in serving the public with a high degree of professionalism?
If so, then we encourage you to visit us and see if you’d like to become part of the United Taxi family!
United Taxi supports independent contractor drivers and their passengers with the most sophisticated technology available in the for-hire passenger ground transportation industry.
- Surveillance cameras mounted inside the vehicle enhance passenger and driver security.
- Our computer dispatch software, enhanced with a Global Positioning System, allows us to pinpoint the exact location of each vehicle in our fleet at any given time and ensures prompt response time.
- The electronic meters and mobile data terminals in our vehicles ensure that rates are accurate and fair.