For information about United Taxi’s community partners and civic leadership, see
United Taxi programs provide transportation at no cost to those in need
United Taxi’s Safe Ride Home program provides a free, safe ride home to intoxicated patrons, to reduce drunk driving in Pinellas County.
United Taxi’s Wheels to Worship program invites Pinellas County houses of worship and clergy to request free taxi service for families and individuals they have identified as in need of transportation so they may attend prayer services or opportunities for spiritual counseling and fellowship.
Safe Ride Home
United Taxi reduces alcohol-impaired driving in Pinellas County through its Safe Ride Home program. Participating establishments may request a FREE taxi ride home for an intoxicated patron. There is no cost to the patron or the business.
- To participate, an establishment must be located within Pinellas County.
The bar or restaurant’s designated agent verifies that the patron operated a motor vehicle to arrive at the premises and has since become intoxicated.
- The establishment’s personnel may then secure the patron’s keys in a specially marked “United Taxi Safe Ride Home” envelope and note on the envelope the patron’s vehicle license plate, where the vehicle is parked, and the patron’s destination (which must be a residence or lodging address within Pinellas County).
- The establishment then calls United Taxi for a Safe Ride Home, and gives the envelope to the United Taxi independent contractor driver, so the patron can receive his keys with the information about where to retrieve his vehicle the next day.
- United Taxi will cover taxi fare, up to a maximum of $25.00, for a one-way ride from the establishment to the address of the patron’s lodging or home address. There is no cost to patron or establishment.
- Establishments may contact our general manager at 727-507-2667 to participate.
- Patrons in need of a Safe Ride Home at a Pinellas County establishment that has yet become a participant may ask the establishment’s personnel to call 727-777-7777 and a United Taxi representative will assist in arranging service.
- United Taxi reserves the right to refuse service to any individual or establishment who has abused the program.
Wheels to Worship
United Taxi provides taxicab service at no cost to economically disadvantaged families and individuals who are in need of transportation to worship services.
Churches and synagogues who have identified a family or individual in need of the United Taxi Wheels to Worship program may contact our general manager at 727-507-2667 to arrange a Wheels to Worship ride. (Service area is limited to Pinellas County and rides are available on a first-come, first-served basis as allocated funds permit.)